Match Making Home

Thursday, November 10

Online Dating: 12 Steps To Get Noticed And Get A Date Online

If you want to achieve success with online dating, you will need to educate yourself with the online dating scene. Online dating sites provide a service for people to meet but a dating site can only do so much of the work and input is required from you if you are serious about meeting a partner online.

Whilst thousands of people are joining dating sites every day, hundreds are not making the most of the services a dating site has to offer. I’m no psychic but I’m pretty certain that someone who writes a dull or uninformative profile, doesn’t include a photo and makes no effort to contact anyone will not be inundated with invitations for a date.

By making a few simple changes to the way you are dating online, you could see instant results meeting people you would never have met before so don’t be a wallflower, stand out online and be proactive in your search for a date.

1. Sell Yourself
Your profile is like an advertisement and you need to sell yourself in the dating game.
The eye-catching part of you profile is your photo. Include a photo of yourself (not someone else or a cartoon!) and you could increase your responses by as much as 8 times.
Answer all questions honestly, be positive, focus on your good points and provide members with just enough information about yourself so that they are eager to find out more. Please don’t talk about exes or how miserable your life is…. it won’t attract people to you!

2. Search outside of the box
We may all have an idea of our ideal partner but just because someone is slightly younger, older or from a different town doesn’t mean they won’t turn out to be your ideal partner! Most dating sites provide a search facility to vary your search settings so if your search results don’t reveal anyone who catches your eye try widening your search settings.

3. Get intimate anonymously
The beauty of online dating is that you can get to know someone without revealing any personal details. Emails are sent using an anonymous messaging facility so take advantage of this and spend as long as you wish getting to know someone. Don’t feel pressured into meeting up with someone you have just met online. If they are serious, they will be happy to wait if this is your preference.

4. Make the first move
Don’t be shy – you make the first move. Remember everyone online is serious about meeting someone so, if you see someone you like, contact him or her first. Don’t wait for someone to contact you.

5. Make conversation
Show your interest - The best way to get someone’s attention and get a response is to ask a question specific to his or her profile. This shows you have read their profile and are interested in them.

Flatter them! - Don’t be afraid to use your charm! Whether you like their photo or you are impressed by the fact that they have run the marathon – tell them. Everyone likes receiving compliments.

Make them laugh! - I think if you can make someone laugh or someone makes you laugh, you’re on the path to a good relationship. Be witty and amusing in your messages and they will look forward to hearing from you.

Be flirtatious, not rude! – Don't be afraid to flirt a little if that's how you feel but equally don't be too flirtatious as it could be taken the wrong way. Never talk about sex or imply this is what you are looking for.

6. Keep a little mystique!
Whilst I would encourage you to talk openly and honestly about yourself so that people get to know you try not to tell your whole life story in one e-mail. Hold a little something back for the next message.

7. Arrange a chat room date
Chat rooms are another great way to chat instantly with someone without revealing any personal information. A quality chat room will also provide the facility to have a private one-to-one chat with someone so if you’ve messaged someone, why not invite them to meet you in the chat room at a specific time and day… just like a “real” date. You can then decide whether you want to take it further “offline”.

8. Chat on the phone
If you’re thinking of arranging a date with someone, chat to him or her on the telephone first but use the blocking feature to prevent your number appearing on Caller ID. Go over topics that you’ve mentioned in emails to verify that what he or she has told you is the truth. Ask yourself if the voice you are talking to is someone you feel comfortable with and someone you could trust.

9. Don’t be disheartened
If you’ve sent a message but haven’t received a reply, don’t be disheartened. There could be many reasons why someone hasn’t replied to a message you’ve sent; the recipient may not have logged on for a while, their membership may have lapsed or they may not be a full member entitling them to reply back to you.

If you’ve sent one message then follow it up with a second message to show him or her that you are genuinely interested. If you still don’t get a response, move on to the next person!

10. Give people a chance
If you receive a message from someone who does not immediately tick all of your boxes, don’t rule them out straight away. Reply back to him or her and try and find out a bit more about them. You may have more in common than you first thought and, if not, at least you can say you tried.

11. Be polite when rejecting
If you don’t like someone who has contacted you, do not be rude or offensive. You can either ignore them (hopefully this will get the message across) or politely tell them you are not interested. A reputable dating site will provide a facility to “block” nuisances sending you messages so, if someone is pestering you, don’t be afraid to use this tool.

12. Be safe!
Do not give anyone your home telephone number, address or workplace address until you have met a number of times and are 100% comfortable with that person. Remember that people can be whoever they want to be online - wait until your instincts tell you this is someone you can trust.

Check out MagicalKissing.com - Making Out - French Kissing Tips - tons of Online Dating and Match Making tips trickes and techniques found there! Come check it out!

If you find you don’t get many responses, you may need to think about alternative conversation starters or rewrite your profile.

Hopefully you’ve got the idea now so it’s over to you! Good luck and remember to have fun!
Alison Edwards runs http://www.SnappyDates.com/ a UK based dating site. SnappyDates.com is an active community where people of all ages meet looking for a relationship, friendship and even marriage! SnappyDates.com’s services include anonymous messaging, chat room, private one-to one chat, various search methods and much more.

62 Comments:

Blogger Candu said...

Hey great blog good information and fun to read. I'm a bit slow at getting places but I finally made it here. I would like to add you to my favorites if it's ok with you. And please come vist mine anytime. It's nice to meet new people.

Till next time
Candu

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Down with blog spam

7:20 AM  
Anonymous friends said...

Hi Sean Biggler.
It's funny how many interracial dating clubs you can find on the InterNet. We came across Online Dating: 12 Steps To Get Noticed And Get A Date Online in our search for top keywords. Thank you for a Gr8 post. We have a silmilar service at interracial dating and would like to trade links with you should you be interested.

9:51 AM  
Blogger saad said...

Its good to see ur comment on my blog and above all that you appreciated my work. Well brother, like you are im too new to web blogging.

By the way, your all discussion starts and ends a way of dating with women....Be generalized not get stick to the subject....

cheers

10:12 AM  
Blogger jude said...

Hi Sean, thanks for your positive feedback on my blog! Much appreciated! And yeah...feel free to tell your sister about it...you've got a very interesting site yourself...would be interested to hear why you are so into the 'dating tips...online'. Cool stuff though...hopefully talk to you again soon! Will bookmark you too!

7:07 PM  
Blogger David said...

burn in fucking hell you generic spam device. i hope your mother gets the mumps.

8:20 PM  
Anonymous dating personals said...

Comment

8:25 PM  
Blogger papercups said...

if you think you need love get the fuck off a computer chair.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous i kill you for commenting on my blog you fucker said...

It amazes me how many people have no idea this is a spambot hahaha

7:03 PM  
Anonymous lesbian dating said...

Comment

1:15 AM  
Blogger Sweetie Pie said...

i do not want your brother going to my site nor do i wish you to go to mine again. frankly im not a whore so i have no desire to share my knowledge on french kissing.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Belfast said...

Hi sean, how are you?. I hope you`re o.k. Thanks for your comments about my blog. Honestly, I never thought it would be seen by anybody else but my friends and relatives. I feel flattered, however. I speak english but I write in spanish...I can see you also speak and read spanish. I love writting and uploading pictures.
Thanks for your tips about kissing. I`ll show these to my girlfriend. I liked your blog. By the way...where are you from, pal?.
From Santiago, Chile...
Belfast

6:21 PM  
Blogger Belfast said...

By the way, I bookmarked your blog. Good Luck, man.
From Santiago, Chile...
Belfast
November 13th, 2005

6:26 PM  
Blogger MrDiaz said...

actually....I think your blog is way more interesting than mine. I started mine yesterday...still needs lot of work. You can always find lots of news or whatever you need on www.digg.com. Is a site where people shares 'diggs' or news. Tips? no idea what can I say for your blog. I like it the way it is...just one comment. The BIG AD on top is kind of annoying...it makes people scroll down to read your blog. Try to look for and ad a little bit smaller :)

you can always contact me on my blog http://mrdiaz.blogspot.com or through my email: mrdiaz05@hotmai.com. cya...

6:34 PM  
Anonymous adult dating online said...

Signature

8:20 PM  
Blogger cybermate said...

Hey!

With the amount of people reading your blog, I tell you what, add a chatterbox and you will see how happening it is! People will talk and talk non-stop. It would be cool! Just a suggestion!

3:28 AM  
Anonymous yahoo dating said...

Your blog is worth a visit.

You may like to checkout hispanic dating service site/blog.
It is a hispanic dating service site.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

Date man or women you desire at hispanic dating service - HotDateToday.com

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SPAM BLOG SPAM BLOG SPAM BLOG SPAM BLOG

2:29 PM  
Blogger ~*~gabs-a-lot~*~ said...

ok.. umm hi u rote on my blog or commented or watever... ya... so i thot it was just fair if i commented bak... so yah.. hi

4:13 PM  
Blogger aggressiveggroll said...

: ) i m happy that u like my blog. i wont mind if u bookmark me at all!
i m new with blogger. so i have yet to learn how to use it. lol

2:37 AM  
Blogger super diz (marca registrada) said...

nice blog, but I'm not interested in the whole "dating thing" right now. I just wanna blog, man.

anyway, you left me a note (with free spam that I kinda ignored and blocked because I was getting a bunch of people advertising Ipods...@#$%^&&*ers...) and I thought I'd better get back to you about it sometime.
and it's nice that you like my script. sorry if it doesn't make sense but when i get it done I'll tie it all together.

anyway, that's about it.

keep on rockin in the free world.
bye now.

12:30 PM  
Blogger laure-lou said...

thank you very much for this nice remark not to hesitate not has to start again

5:06 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

I hate your guts. DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE. Don't f***ing put spam on other blogs, you s***head.

8:58 PM  
Blogger kc said...

Redoing this blog? I think its great. Matchmaking? I tried to be one before. Long story. Very Interesting and helpful blog. Goodluck.

6:21 AM  
Blogger star_far_away said...

hey
you commented on my blog saying u liked it - thanks. if u wanna tell ppl about it sure - im shocked that someone liked it and didnt get offended and defensive.
thanks again!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Medix said...

hey!! Thanks for the comment. Sorry it took me a little bit to get back. But yeah sure you can add me to your favorites and you can tell a friend too I don't see any harm. I try to put as much stuff in my blog as possible. I also try to make it confortable. I'm glad you like it.

6:19 AM  
Anonymous internet dating tips said...

Well Sean Biggler certainly interesting stuff. I love surfing Blogs! I was looking for online dating book stuff and I landed on your page. I was looking more for online dating book
info, but was interested in your posts. Keep it up Take care.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous lesbian dating said...

Chance upon your blog and enjoy it.

Take it look at my single chat rooms site.
It is a single chat rooms site.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

Find Yourself a Date Now at single chat rooms - HotDateToday.com

7:24 PM  
Anonymous french kissing technique said...

Sean Biggler, could I ask if you are doing this all yourself or do you have a special website person creating all this for you? If it's you, I say wow and good job. Maybe you can give me some tips on my making out site if you have time. I don't know if you're interested in making out stuff, but it's 'the place' to go for that. Well, just though I'd drop by and say "YOU'RE AWESOME!!" and that you have a nice blog.

Seeeee ya later.

2:22 AM  
Anonymous madian scarlett said...

I don`t undertear so fine tha ingles, and less i write it, but, i want to thanks you for you comments in my blog. i don`t know wich it is your blog, i would like to see it. mi blos is Paginas Muertas, in Invasion Zurda. I am Madian Scarlett

2:46 PM  
Anonymous dating web site said...

Hello, this is an exciting blog here!

You may like to checkout adult dating free site/blog.
It is on adult dating free stuff.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

Date man or women you desire at adult dating free - HotDateToday.com

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Sessalli said...

Okay Its Degrassi Luva and why isn't this appealing. I'm really bored looking at it but you have great info. You should add color to your text. And lots of other things like adding pictures and thing

1:49 PM  
Anonymous love and kissing said...

Hi Sean Biggler,
My excitement grows as I read more of what you have here...
I'm a little embarrassed to say it but when was out looking for sexy french kissing tips information I found your post: Online Dating: 12 Steps To Get Noticed And Get A Date Online and had to stop for a read. I sicerely appreciate you blog topic... I'm considering making a blog about sexy french kissing tips and I should probably stop by here more often to watch how you do this great job.. I always love looking through other poeples blogs and reading the posts (especially yours!) I don't know if you like other blogs or want to check out mine, but I think you've done a quality job.

It's great to be here on your blog, thanks.

7:09 AM  
Anonymous dating said...

Hi ##Name## I am out searching for the latest information on singles and found your site. Online Dating: 12 Steps To Get Noticed And Get A Date Online contains the type of information that I’m looking for. It certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your page when I was looking for singles related information, and I'm glad I stopped by. Keep up the good work.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sean Biggler I am out searching for the latest information on online personals and found your site. Online Dating: 12 Steps To Get Noticed And Get A Date Online contains the type of information that I’m looking for. It certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your page when I was looking for online personals related information, and I'm glad I stopped by. Keep up the good work. I think we should trade links! If you are interested, simply email me at my online personals site with your linking informaton. Take care!

7:39 PM  
Anonymous online dating for men said...

Greetings Sean Biggler it's rather cold here today, but summer is comming to our part of the world soon. I was looking for the latest most up to date information on dating for men and I landed on your page. Although Online Dating: 12 Steps To Get Noticed And Get A Date Online is not an exact match I can see why I ended up here while looking for dating for men Great stuff thanks for the read.....now where did I put that surf board !

10:36 AM  
Blogger babie said...

hey this is babie check out my blogger...the one you commented on was a friend of mine...but it was my post that you liked so here it is www.littlebabie.blogspot.com
hope you injoy it and tell others about it. thank you for liking it.

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a trick like i am soooooo darn amezed how many ppl got tricked stuipit

12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ashole DON'T COME TO MY BLOG U SPAM!!! AND UR PIECE OF SHIT SAYING TO COMMENT
PUTTING OTHER PPL BLOG SPAM
UR ASHOLE FULL OF SHIT!!!
KEEP IT 2 UR SELF

12:13 AM  
Anonymous online personals said...

Hi Sean Biggler I am out searching for the latest information on and found your site. Online Dating: 12 Steps To Get Noticed And Get A Date Online contains the type of information that I’m looking for. It certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your page when I was looking for related information, and I'm glad I stopped by. Keep up the good work. I think we should trade links! If you are interested, simply email me at my site with your linking informaton. Take care!

5:57 AM  
Anonymous swingers life said...

Really nice blog. I often browse the web for love and dating related sites and articles and last time I found http://top-personals.net. Check it if you’re looking for swingers life.

9:57 PM  
Anonymous online dating said...

Hi Sean Biggler greetings from down under. I was searching for the latest information on adult dating , I can see how I landed on your page. While Online Dating: 12 Steps To Get Noticed And Get A Date Online wasn't exactly what I was looking for. (I was after adult dating related stuff) I ejoyed reading your blog, I'll come back agin to read future posts. Take Care.

6:05 AM  
Anonymous online dating said...

Hi Sean Biggler greetings from down under. I was searching for the latest information on online dating , I can see how I landed on your page. While Online Dating: 12 Steps To Get Noticed And Get A Date Online wasn't exactly what I was looking for. (I was after online dating related stuff) I ejoyed reading your blog, I'll come back agin to read future posts. Take Care.

3:54 PM  
Blogger KOI KOI said...

Hey


Remember JOY KOI

well that's me and well i want you to look at my site again

Well your webaite is efinately interesting

Well tell your friends to look at my site and vote

Oh yeah leave a comment please, for the first one

2:14 PM  
Anonymous online dating service said...

Hey, Great Blog!
I have a yahoo online dating personals site. It pretty much covers yahoo online dating personals related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

5:03 AM  
Anonymous online dating for men said...

Well Sean Biggler interesting post. I was looking for Info on online dating and I came across your site and while Online Dating: 12 Steps To Get Noticed And Get A Date Online wasn't an exact match i was most interested to read what you had to say. I was looking for online dating infomation, I glad I came across your site I'll visit again sometime.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Nuno Pontes said...

What a blog! An info blog is always interesting and I think this one is an info blog, so... great work!

4:38 AM  
Anonymous online dating said...

Keep up the good work. Would love to see more posts.

dating site

6:54 PM  
Anonymous kissing sex said...

Aloha ##NAME##,
I'm a visitor from Hawaii and just found your post ##TITLE##. I like it... it's interesting so I decided to read and say hi. Although my interests are mostly about kissing sex related information right now, your blog got my attention and was a nice change. Thanks for your nice blog ##NAME##, I think I'll tell my cousin to stop by if that's okay.
~ Aloha ~

7:07 PM  
Blogger Mr JaguarDriver said...

Hi There Sean Biggler how you going? I was sufing blogs for information on and I came across yours. while Online Dating: 12 Steps To Get Noticed And Get A Date Online wasn't exactly what I was looking for, It was most interesting. I can see why I found your page when I was looking for stuff. Thanks for the read!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Just a few words about something related to photos. You may not believe but I meet someone special in online dating service with picture personals at http://top-personals.net. Check it if you're looking for colorado swingers and fun. Adult Singles

1:55 AM  
Blogger easy e said...

Hi Sean Biggler I just checked out your blog on online dating singles. I like it! Hey if your interested in checking out a new awesome network marketing program please visit us at online dating singles It works great, the lead generation, autoresponders, and presentation movies are second to none, and it is very inexpensive to get started. The system really sells it self. We love it!

11:23 AM  
Blogger easy e said...

Hi Sean Biggler I just checked out your blog on online personals. I like it! Hey if your interested in checking out a new awesome free dating website please visit us at http://www.edatingplanet.com Its cool , looks great and is quickly becoming a popular internet destination for people all around the world.

6:59 AM  
Blogger PUATraining.com said...

Great post! Really enjoyed reading it, I love learning new material and anything that can help me become a pua and just better overall around women. Have you seen guys that use chat up lines on women and don't really get anywhere with them? I used to be the same untill I attended a PUA Training bootcamp.

4:36 AM  
Blogger PUATraining.com said...

I love to seduce women as much as the next guy but things are becoming much harder these days, other than your blog there aren't many quality PUA's out there. Hats of to you!

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watiti.com
Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com, an online social networking community that connects people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards, listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

Watiti.com

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watiti.com
Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com, an online social networking community that connects people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards, listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

Watiti.com

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! film editing schools

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! mortgage brokers Alprazolam and zoloft together license plate frames Prescription sex pills Engine optimization promotion search site site web web http://www.videoslots6.info Mercedes benz ml500 cell phone Adipex 90 umaxppc K 9 car alarms Galeria samochodu bentley Cosmetic surgery in houston texas best rated dishwasher Moving company philadelphia moving truck company dluxmovers sony camcorder consumer report clothes washers recommmended Miranda warnings for private security Interracial search engine Printable poker table plans Bad things prozac does to your body http://www.plastic-surgery-5.info

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting weblog

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I llove your portal

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Erectile Dysfunction said...

You have a very good blog that the main thing a lot of interesting and useful!

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home